PCX Markets launches the first global platform to eliminate plastic pollution
Launched PCX Markets as the world’s first online platform for purchasing fully traceable plastic credits from multiple certified suppliers
— Anne Marie Corominas, PepsiCo Corporate Affairs Manager, PepsiCo Philippines
LONDON, UK, July 28, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — • The credits finance the recovery, treatment and recycling of post-consumer plastic waste on a global scale, allowing companies and individuals to offset their plastic impact and invest in new projects around the world
• Anne Marie Corominas, of PepsiCo Philippines, North and Southeast Asia, voices her support for the movement that “reduces plastic waste and builds an inclusive circular economy”.
• PCX has diverted more than 32 million kg of plastic waste from nature, invested more than US$2.7 million in the plastic circular economy and generated 54,000 tonnes of carbon reduction through the replacement of coal
Singapore-based PCX Markets today launched the world’s first online platform for purchasing certified plastic credits from multiple vendors.
The platform is a plastic credit trading marketplace that brings together partners from around the world with the aim of stopping the flow of plastic waste into nature.
PCX Markets will work closely with the company’s established not-for-profit arm, PCX Solutions, to provide companies with the ability to meet country-specific extended producer responsibility compliance and achieve voluntary Net certification. Zero Plastic Waste.
Plastic credit projects are verified against globally accepted plastic credit standards such as PCX Solutions’ Plastic Pollution Reduction Standard (PPRS) and Verra’s Plastic Waste Reduction Standard (PWRS).
The PCX Markets platform also provides access to a Plastic Footprint Calculator, which helps organizations understand their footprint and set plastic reduction and compensation targets.
The platform offers users projects that match their goals to eliminate plastic from the environment and fund waste collection and infrastructure programs.
PCX Markets partners with community and institutional projects globally, including:
• HOPE’s Aling Tindera Waste-to-Cash Program, based in the Philippines, which focuses on women microentrepreneurs who champion plastic waste recovery systems in their communities. To date, the program has collected 187,420 kilograms of plastic waste and increased Aling Tindera’s revenue by an average of 89%.
• second lifethe world’s first Verra-certified ocean plastic recovery and recycling project, which has recovered and recycled 2,389,000 kilograms of ocean plastic in Thailand since 2020.
• Veolia Thailand’s LDPE recycling plant, which converts locally sourced LDPE and LLDPE packaging waste into high-quality post-consumer recycled plastics, replacing fossil resources to produce films and bags.
• Recirculatea resource recovery company in India, which takes waste away from landfills and oceans through a traceable system to create resources that ultimately fuel the circular economy.
PCX Markets integrates tokenized, blockchain-verified plastic credit transactions with reports on the effectiveness of given projects. Companies then buy credits to offset both their essential use of plastic and their historical plastic footprints.
PCX has already diverted more than 32 million kg of plastic waste from nature, invested more than US$2.7 million in the plastic circular economy, and resulted in 54,000 tons of carbon reduction through the replacement of coal.
The launch of PCX Markets will increase much-needed financing to address the plastic waste crisis, accelerating global project expansion, investment in circular economy infrastructure and support for alternatives to plastic.
Nanette Medved-Po, Founder and Executive Chairman of Plastic Credit Exchange, said:
“As the OECD predicts that plastic waste will triple by 2060, plastic credits are an important part of a comprehensive solution to solving this critical problem that affects both people and the planet.”
“Today’s launch is a crucial step in enabling organizations to take responsibility for their plastic footprint, while working to reduce the remaining plastic in their supply chain. Credits can be an effective bridge as we collectively work towards a future where no plastic waste ends up in nature. »
Sebastian DiGrande, CEO of PCX Markets added:
“Our new platform enables impact on a global scale to finally bend the curve of the plastic waste crisis in the right direction. We provide individuals, institutions, and businesses with an easy-to-understand experience that provides unparalleled access, transparency, verification, and analytics.
Anne Marie Corominas, PepsiCo General Affairs Manager for PepsiCo Philippines, North and Southeast Asia, said of their partnership with PCX:
“At PepsiCo, our vision includes embedding purpose into all aspects of our business strategy and brands. In addition to taking responsibility for our footprint, we support a movement that reduces plastic waste and builds an inclusive circular economy.
For more information, see: https://www.pcxmarkets.com
+44 7464 630688
write to us here